Silicone 2+ Roof sealant is 100% Silicone, 100% waterproof and 100% weatherproof, making it an excellent candidate sealant for repairing and sealing minor leaks on roofs and additional exterior applications. It applies to wet or dry surfaces, can be exposed to rain in as little as 30 minutes and cures in 24 hours. It is permanently flexible and will not shrink or crack when subject to ultraviolet rays or freezing temperatures. Adheres to porous materials such as brick and mortar. Guaranteed for as long as you own your home.
Typlical Uses: Repairs on roofs, skylights, chimneys, gutters, flashing, shingles and other asphalt surfaces such as blacktop driveways
Adheres To: Most asphalt, metal, brick, masonry and slate
30-Minute Rain-Ready: Exposure to water possible in as little as 30 minutes with bead size max of 3/16", temperature minimum of 65° F, and humidity minimum 50 percent. Otherwise, sealant should not be exposed to water for eight hours. Do not touch for 24 hours.
For additional information, including specific terms of the Lifetime Guarantee, see product label
- Remove dirt, grease, moisture, soap residue & old sealant from area to be sealed. Use backer rod for gaps larger than 1/2" x 1/2".
- Cut nozzle to obtain desired bead size.
- PIERCE INNER FOIL SEAL.
- Using caulk gun, apply sealant into gap. Smooth with a gloved finger or “tool” the caulk into gap.
- Wipe hands & tools thoroughly before washing.
- Allow 30 minutes before exposing sealant to water.
TT-S-00230C; TT-S-001543A/ASTM C-920, Type-S, NS, Class 25, use NT, M, G, A & O test requirements