Silicone 2+ Window & Door sealant is 100% waterproof and weatherproof, and is rain-ready in as little as 30 minutes. Formulated for a wide range of projects exposed to harsh weather from the attic to the basement. It is permanently flexible with a 10-year mold-free product protection. It will not discolor most metal finishes and adheres to porous materials such as brick and mortar. Guaranteed for as long as you own your home.
Typical Uses: Windows, doors, siding, trim, molding, baseboards, vents, around wires/pipes, and other attic/basement applications
Adheres to: Common building materials including most metals and woods, aluminum, composites, brick, stone, stucco, masonry, cement board, glass, porcelain, ceramic tile, drywall, plaster, vinyl siding, PVC, fiberglass, and painted surfaces
30-Minute Rain-Ready: Exposure to water possible in as little as 30 minutes with bead size max of 3/16", temperature minimum of 65° F, and humidity minimum 50 percent. Otherwise, caulk should not be exposed to water for eight hours.
10-Year Mold-Free Product Protection: Cured sealant is resistant to stain-causing mold and mildew. Regular cleaning of the cured sealant is required however, as soap or other residue can cause secondary mold and mildew growth. Do not touch for 24 hours.
For additional information, including specific terms of the Lifetime Guarantee, see product label.
- Remove dirt, grease, moisture, soap residue & old sealant from area to be sealed. Use backer rod for gaps larger than 1/2" x 1/2".
- Cut nozzle to obtain desired bead size.
- PIERCE INNER FOIL SEAL.
- Using caulk gun, apply sealant into gap. Smooth with a gloved finger or “tool” the caulk into gap.
- Wipe hands & tools thoroughly before washing.
- Allow 30 minutes before exposing sealant to water.
American Society for Testing & Materials International
• ASTM C920 Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants;
Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use NT, M, G, A & O
U.S. Federal Specifications: (cancelled Sept. 1996)
• TT-S-001543A Sealing Compound: Silicone Rubber Base (for
Caulking, Sealing & Glazing in Buildings and Other Structures)
• TT-S-00230C Sealing Compound: Elastomeric Type, Single
Component (for Caulking, Sealing & Glazing in Buildings and
Canadian General Standards Board (inactive)
• CGSB-19.13-M87 Sealing Compound, One-Component,
Elastomeric, Chemical Curing