Supreme Silicone Kitchen & Bath sealant provides a durable seal with strong adhesion. This sealant is permanently waterproof and can be exposed to water in as little as 30 minutes. And, with its 10-year mold-free product protection, GE Supreme Silicone Kitchen & Bath sealant can perform well in places that may be exposed to water or moisture .
Typical Uses: Showers, tubs, sinks, tile, countertops, fixtures, and other plumbing applications
Adheres to: Common kitchen and bath materials including most metals, plastics and woods, glass, drywall, plaster, granite, cultured marble, ceramic and porcelain tile, natural stone, cement board, composites, formica, fiberglass, aluminum, and painted surfaces
30-Minute Water-Ready: Exposure to water possible in as little as 30 minutes with bead size maximum of 3/16", temperature minimum 65° F, and humidity minimum 50 percent. Otherwise, caulk should not be exposed to water for eight hours. Do not touch or clean caulk for 24 hours.
10-Year Mold-Free Product Protection: Cured sealant is resistant to stain-causing mold and mildew. Regular cleaning of the cured sealant is required however, as soap or other residue can cause secondary mold and mildew growth.
For additional information, including specific terms of the Limited Lifetime Guarantee, see product label.
- Remove dirt, grease, moisture, soap residue & old sealant from area to be sealed. Use backer rod for gaps larger than 1/2" x 1/2".
- Cut nozzle to obtain desired bead size.
- PIERCE INNER FOIL SEAL.
- Using caulk gun, apply sealant into gap. Smooth with a gloved finger or “tool” the caulk into gap.
- Wipe hands & tools thoroughly before washing.
- Allow 30 minutes before exposing sealant to water.
American Society for Testing & Materials International
• ASTM C920 Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint
Sealants; Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use A, G, O
U.S. Federal Specifications: (cancelled Sept. 1996)
• TT-S-001543A Sealing Compound: Silicone Rubber Base (for
Caulking, Sealing & Glazing in Buildings and Other Structures)
• TT-S-00230C Sealing Compound: Elastomeric Type, Single
Component (for Caulking, Sealing & Glazing in Buildings and
Canadian General Standards Board (inactive)
• CGSB-19.13-M87 Sealing Compound, One-Component,
Elastomeric, Chemical Curing