GE Supreme Silicone Window & Door Silicone sealant provides extra flexibility. Because Supreme Silicone Window & Door sealant has +/- 50 percent joint movement, the sealants can move and flex with the joint helping to keep the sealant from tearing or pulling away from the surface. This sealant is permanently waterproof and can be exposed to rain and water in as little as 30 minutes.
Typical Uses: Windows, doors, siding, trim, molding, baseboards, vents, around wires/pipes and other attic/basement applications
Adheres to: Common building materials including most metals and woods, aluminum, composites, brick, stone, stucco, masonry, cement board, glass, porcelain, ceramic tile, drywall, plaster, vinyl siding, PVC, fiberglass, and painted surfaces.
30-Minute Rain-Ready: Exposure to water possible in as little as 30 minutes with bead size maximum of 3/16", temperature minimum 65° F, and humidity minimum 50 percent. Otherwise, sealant should not be exposed to water for eight hours. Do not touch or clean caulk for 24 hours.
Extra Flex: Meets ASTM Test Method C920 Class 50 with +/- 50 percent movement capability.
For additional information, including specific terms of the Limited Lifetime Guarantee, see product label.
- Remove dirt, grease, moisture, soap residue & old sealant from area to be sealed. Use backer rod for gaps larger than 1/2" x 1/2".
- Cut nozzle to obtain desired bead size.
- PIERCE INNER FOIL SEAL.
- Using caulk gun, apply sealant into gap. Smooth with a gloved finger or “tool” the caulk into gap.
- Wipe hands & tools thoroughly before washing.
- Allow 30 minutes before exposing sealant to water.
TT-S-00230C; TT-S-001543A/ASTM C-920, Type-S, NS, Class 50, use A, G & O test requirements.